Mashed Parmesan Potato Cakes have a crispy outside and fluffy, creamy inside.
Enjoy them plain or load similiar to loaded potato skins
with cheddar, bacon, green onions and ranch dressing
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (can substitute your favorite cheese)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Serve iwth sour cream, Ranch dressing or Easy Remoulade Sauce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup crumbled bacon.
- 2 tablespoon canol oil for cooking
- green onion slivers for garnish
- Mix mashed potatoes, egg, onion, cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder together.
- Using an ice cream for uniform sizes scoop out mixture and flatten with hand to form a disc.
- Dredge in panko bread crumbs.
- Heat a skillet or saute' pan to med high, once hot add oil. When oil beginsn to ripple add potato cakes. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown before turning to other side. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes until second side is browned.
- Carefully remove to platter