CINNAMON ROLL FONDUE
WITH 20-MINUTE MINIATURE CINNAMON ROLLS
2 hours 20 mins
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Fondue
- 1 (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Miniature Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 packages regular-sized Buttermilk Biscuits (not grands)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- For the fondue, beat the cream cheese (that has been at room temperature) until completely smooth. Beat in the room temperature butter (do not melt) and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until completely combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a heat-safe glass or ceramic bowl or dish that will fit into your slow cooker.
- Place the bowl or dish filled up with the fondue mixture in the slow cooker. Place the lid over the slow cooker and place on low for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, either leave it in the slow cooker to keep it warm, or pull it out and transfer to another dish.
- Time the cinnamon rolls to be done when the fondue will be done for best results!
- For the cinnamon rolls, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a miniature muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the package and roll each one out with a rolling pin to get it a little bit wider/larger.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter. In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon (Add more cinnamon if desired).
- Dip each biscuit in the melted butter, shake off the excess and then dip and cover it in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Shake off the excess.
- Roll from left to right to form a long tube. Then roll from bottom to top to form a miniature cinnamon roll.
- Place each one in it's own cavity in the miniature muffin tin. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the biscuits are no longer gooey and are baked through. (I like to underbake them slightly, but do what you prefer).
- Place the baked cinnamon rolls on popsicle sticks, or cinnamon sticks and dip into the fondue mixture.
- This dessert is best when the cinnamon rolls are hot/fresh out of the oven!