Raspberry Sweet Rolls
These fruity sweet rolls are such a treat. You will love every bite of these fluffy, soft, and scrumptious rolls. Filled with raspberries and cream cheese and topped with a yummy glaze. These are a breakfast or brunch favorite!
For the Dough
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 3 1/4 – 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package instant or ‘rapid rise’ yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
For the Filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz. bag frozen raspberries, not thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- zest of 1 lemon
For The Icing
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- 1. Starting with the dough, place milk and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until butter is almost melted and milk is warm. Stir until butter is completely melted. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix until well combined with the beater paddle attached. Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry mix and continue stirring until thoroughly combined. Substitute dough hook for the beater paddle and add remaining flour or until dough starts to pull away from the sides, about 1-2 minutes. Continue to knead the dough for 5 minutes. Slightly flour your work surface and place dough on top. Let rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and vanilla extract. Set aside. In another small bowl, combine frozen raspberries, remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside as well.
- 3. Roll out your dough until it measures 12 x 14 inches (rectangular shape). Spread cream cheese filling evenly over the dough. Place raspberry filling on top and sprinkle with lemon zest. Beginning with the longer side that’s closest to you, roll dough into a log. Pinch edges closed and cut into 12 equal pieces. Place sweet rolls in four rows of three into the prepared pan and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let rise in a warm place for 30- 60minutes (or until double in size). Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. When the rolls are finished rising, bake them for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- 4. While the raspberry sweet rolls rolls are baking, prepare the icing by combining the confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla and milk. Once the rolls have finished baking, let cool for 2 minutes and spread icing evenly over the top. Enjoy!
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls will keep up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also freeze them for up to 3 weeks.