Skip to main content
Cheesy Tomato Soup - (Free Recipe below)
- Chesytomsp - Recipes
- 1.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Cheesy Tomato Soup
Total Time: 45 minutes / Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onions, sliced
- 1 big can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock or water
- 1 pc beef bouillon cube
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp basil chiffonade
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 slices gouda cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 bread bowls
- Olive oil, for brushing
- More basil, for garnish
- Cut the top part of the bread bowl then scoop out the white bread inside to make a bowl. Brush with olive oil and toast in an oven or toaster for 3 minutes. Cool then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pot over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions for 2-3 minutes or until cooked but not browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, beef stock and beef cube. Add in sugar and some pepper, and boil for 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Add in basil and mozzarella cheese, stir for 1 minute and turn off fire.
- Scoop soup into bread bowl. Top with 1 slice gouda cheese and 1/2 tbsp of parmesan.
- Broil in the oven until cheese melts. Serve immediately.