Roasted Tomato Soup
A flavorful tomato soup with roasted tomatoes, onion and garlic.
- 8 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 and ½ tbsp flour
- 4 cups hot water
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup milk, at room emperature
- 3 tbsp croutons
- 1 tsp dried mint
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place sliced tomatoes, onion and garlic cloves on it. Roast them until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pot and add flour, saute it continually mixing for a few minutes until its color changes.
- Transfer roasted vegetables into the pot and stir.
- Pour water and stir until it boils.
- Puree the soup with a blender until smooth and bring back to heat.
- Add salt and milk and let it boil until it reaches the right consistency.
- To make croutons, fry bread crumbs in a pan with butter.