CHEESY GOUGÈRE BAKED EGGS
This recipe is written to make 6 baked egg cups, but you can make as many as you like. If you're making more than 6, you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- 6 large Gruyère & Black Pepper Gougères
- butter, for greasing muffin cups
- 4 ounces shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Slice the bottom off of each gougère, about ⅛-inch thick. Remove any soft dough from center.
- Grease muffin tin cups with butter.
- Carefull press one gougère, top side down, into a cup to line it as a muffin liner would. Repeat with remaining gougères.
- Sprinkle a large pinch of shredded cheese and a pinch of chopped green onion into the bottom of each gougère and press to flatten. Carefully crack an egg into each cup. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over each egg.
- Bake 18 to 25 minutes, depending on how runny you like your egg yolk.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and serve warm.
Makes 6 Baked Egg Cups