Baked Eggs Napoleon
- 12 ea tater tots, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350f. Preheat a small skillet over medium high heat.
- Melt butter in the skillet and add the onion and jalapeno. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute, stirring occasionally.
- Spray two small ramekin dishes with non-stick spray. Divide the crumbled tots between the two dishes.
- Stir the onion, chile, garlic mixture into the dishes.
- Top with the mozzarella.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 5 minutes.
- Broil on high for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving and warn diners that the ramekin is still hot. (see pictures for alternate serving idea)
- For extra crispy potatoes, put the ramekins in the oven for 3 minutes after step 5 and then proceed as written.