Cheesy French Fry Bourbon Burgers
1 1/4 pounds fresh ground beef
4 slices smoked cheddar cheese
Oven Baked French Fries
3 pounds unpeeled russet potatoes, cut into wedges or strips
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teasponn pepper
Sweet Bourbon Sauce
3/4 cup bourbon
1 cup cold water, divided
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ Sauce
1 1/2 teasspoons tabasco
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- Make the Fries: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, seasoned salt and pepper. Gently toss with your hands or two spatulas to evenly coat. Spread on a baking sheet in one layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes, then flip and roast for 25-30 minutes more. This may take longer depending on how thick you cut your potatoes. You want the potatoes to be deeply golden and crispy on the outside!
- While the fries cook make the sauce. In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water until smooth. Add the cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. In a medium sauce pan over low heat, combine the bourbon, 3/4 cup water, soy sauce, honey, BBQ Sauce Tabasco, brown sugar, dijon and garlic. Bring up the heat to a simmer and slowly add the corn starch mixture, whisking vigorously as you go. When the mixture is well combined, cook about 1 more minute. Turn off the heat and set aside until ready to use. The sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Preheat a grill or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Make the burgers: Form the meat into 4 patties. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare or longer if you prefer. Add a handful of the fries on top of the burger and place a slice of cheese right on top of the fries. Let the cheese melt and then serve the burgers on toasted buns and drizzle with a generous amount of the sweet bourbon sauce.