Total time: 1 hr
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup each of 5 or 6 following breakfast ingredients: scrambled eggs, hash browns (cooked), mushrooms (uncooked and chopped), green bell peppers (uncooked and chopped), onions (uncooked and chopped), bacon (cooked and chopped), jalapeño peppers (uncooked and chopped), ground sausage (cooked), ham (cooked and chopped)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- salsa or sour cream for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Lightly flour a work surface and using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 14x10-inch rectangle. Going parallel to one of the short sides, spread out rows of ingredients (using 6 max) in 2-inch rows, leaving a 1-inch border around the dough edges on all sides. Spread the cheese evenly over the top.
- Fold 1 inch of dough over the filling on the short sides of the rectangle. Fold the long ends over the filling, pinching the dough together at the corners. Start rolling as tightly as possible into a log, starting at one of the short sides. Carefully place the log onto the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Brush the dough with the egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven until the bread is golden. Loosen the bottom of stromboli from the parchment paper with a spatula. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool. Cut into slices and serve. Top with salsa and/or sour cream, if desired.