Breakfast Queso Fundido
A hot melted cheese dip with scrambled eggs and spicy chorizo sausage that is perfect for breakfast!
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound chorizo, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Cook the chorizo in a pan over medium heat, breaking it apart as you go, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onion, jalapeno and tomato and cook until the onions are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until tender, about a minute.
- Add the eggs and cook scrambled style until just about set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and cook, stirring, until it melts, about 2-3 minutes.