Blackened Red Snapper with Peach Salsa
- 2 filets of Red Snapper (about 1/2lb)
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil, divide
- 1 tbsp homemade blackening season
- 1 cup peach salsa, divided
- Preheat sauté pan on medium heat. Pour in one tablespoon of grape seed oil. While oil is heating rinse and pat dry fish. Place fish on plate and pour over remaining 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil. Then sprinkle on blackening seasoning, dividing among the two filets, seasoning both front and back. Don't be afraid to use your hands to massage the seasoning into the fish (don't forget both sides).
- Place fish fillets in pan. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, flipping once. Your red snapper should have a nice blackened crust on both sides and be cooked inside (internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Plate and top with a generous portion of peach salsa (about 1/4 - 1/2 cup salsa each filet).
Serve on top of wilted spinach if desired.