Avocado Mozza Puffs
Author: Jo Cooks
- 1 package puff pastry (2 sheets inside)
- 12 pieces fresh mozzarella cheese, 1 inch each
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup salsa
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- juice from ½ lime
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the mashed avocado with the lime juice and freshly ground pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets so that they are about 12" x 16". Using a 2 inch round cookie cutter cut 12 circles in each sheet. You should get 24 circles from both sheets.
- We will use 12 circles for the bottom and 12 for the top. Brush a bit of the egg wash on the edge of each circle, for the first 12 only. Top 12 circles with a dollop of avocado, a piece of mozzarella cheese, and about a tsp of salsa.
- Take the other 12 circles of puff pastry and place on top of the ones with the filling and stretch them if needed to completely cover the bottom circle. They will look like little sombrero hats. Using a fork seal the edge of each circle. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with additional salsa if desired.