Turkey Bacon, Avocado, & Mozzarella Grilled Cheese + Artisan Tomato Soup
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
A lovely grilled cheese made with turkey bacon, avocado, and mozzarella!
- 2 slices artisan whole grain bread
- 3 ounces mozzarella
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1-2 slices turkey bacon
- sliced roma tomatoes, if desired
- 2 basil leaves
- butter, for spreading
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Slice the mozzarella and lay on unbuttered sides of the bread. Add avocado and turkey bacon (plus tomato and basil, if desired) top with remaining slices of buttered bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add in sandwich. Cover with a lid and cook about 5 minutes, or until golden brown on bottom.
- Carefully flip sandwich, reduce heat to medium and cook a few more minutes or until the cheese has melted and bread is golden brown. Enjoy immediately!