A delicious warm salad with roasted kale, mushrooms, and eggplant, tangy goat cheese, walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette. It's the perfect side dish for cooler weather. (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms
- 4 large leaves of kale, stems removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
- Cut eggplant into uniform 1 inch cubes. Toss with 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil and spread onto one of the cookie sheets. Tear kale into uniform pieces and toss with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Spread onto other cookie sheet.
- Wash mushrooms and cut each in half. Toss with remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil and Add to a small baking dish.
- Roast kale 10 minutes or until crispy but not burned. Roast eggplant and mushrooms 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. Let vegetables cool slightly before handling.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: In a small saucepan, and garlic, balsamic, oil and honey. Heat on low until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove garlic cloves and stir in cracked pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine roasted vegetables, dressing, walnuts, goat cheese, and thyme. Gently stir and serve immediately.