Turkey Bruschetta Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Tomato Basil Salad
- 2 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoon granulated sugar
- French bread, sliced
- Olive oil for brushing on the bread
- Parmesan cheese, grated
To Make the Tomato Basil Salad
- Heat the 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When the oil is heated add in the clove of minced garlic and cook it just until it starts to turn golden, about 30 seconds to 1 minute, careful not to burn it.
- Pour the garlic oil mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the quartered grape tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to the garlic oil mixture and toss together.
- Set aside or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add the balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until it has reduced to 1/4 cup.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the turkey burgers with your hands, careful not to overwork the meat.
- Form the meat mixture into 4 patties, place them on a plate and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Heat your grill to high heat and spray the grates with cooking spray or brush with oil to keep the burgers from sticking.
- Grill the burgers on each side for about 3-4 minutes or until they are no longer pink inside.
- During the last couple minutes of grilling place the slices of french bread brushed with olive oil on the grill and toast them for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove the bread from the grill and sprinkle the tops with the grated parmesan cheese.
Assembling the Burgers
- Place the grilled turkey burgers on top of the parmesan cheese toasts.
- Top the burgers with the tomato basil salad and some of the balsamic drizzle.
- Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese if desired.