Mexican Turkey Burger
Spice and saute your veggies first and add to the ground turkey before cooking for great flavor in these Mexican Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 leek, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon Sunny oaxaca seasoning
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 buns
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 pieces romaine lettuce, cut in half
- 6 – 8 slices smoked gouda
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat and heat the oil.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet.
- Combine the spices and to the vegetables. Saute for about 3 – 4 minutes until the veggies just become soft.
- Allow the veggies to cool a little. Add to the ground turkey and mix well.
- Form into 4 good size patties.
- In the same skillet spice with the vegetables, add the grape seed oil and cook until well heated.
- Add the burgers and cook for 5 – 6 minutes per side.
- In the final minute of cooking, add the cheese to the burgers.
- Let the burgers rest for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Assemble the sandwich
- Begin with the lettuce and add the burger.
- Top with tomato and 2 or 3 slices of the avocados.
- Finish with the barbecue sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!