Toasted Balsamic Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Toasted Balsamic Chicken Salad Sandwiches are the perfect blend of spicy and sweet. Make the balsamic chicken in your slow cooker and assemble sandwiches for an easy, quick-fix meal!
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
- For the balsamic chicken:
- 2-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- For the sandwich:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 large croissants, halved and toasted
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 6 slices Monterrey Jack cheese
- Place all ingredients for the balsamic chicken (through garlic) into insert of slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Remove chicken from insert and refrigerate balsamic sauce in an airtight container for another use.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Break apart chicken into large chunks and mix together with cream cheese. Set aside.
- Layer spinach, prepared balsamic chicken salad, and cheese. Place into oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has begun to melt. Remove from oven and top with other half of toasted croissant.