Brie, Herb, Fig and Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich
The recipe is as follows:
1 croissant, cut in half
2 spoonful of Chicken Salad, Terragon Chicken Salad below
As much brie as you desire, warmed/melted for 45 sec
2 tablespoons of sweet fig preserves (homemade is always best!)
3-4 tablespoons of chicken salad
small handful of spring mix or your fav greens (Arugula)
small handful of dill & basil (or other herbs you prefer)
combine all & create magic in your mouth.
Tarragon Chicken Salad (adapted from The Silver Palate Cookbook)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (reserve some for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- baby arugula leaves
- In a medium size bowl mix together the chicken, tarragon, celery, sour cream, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least one hour, and up to four hours.
- Mix in the almonds just before serving. Mound chicken salad on a bed of arugula leaves and garnish with some sliced almonds.