The Best Garlic Burgers
These world famous garlic burgers have just three seasonings and a legion of fans, and are simply one of the very best burgers you'll every bite into.
SERVES: 2 BURGERS
- 1¼ pounds 85% lean chuck beef
- 8 teaspoons garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices yellow onion
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Hamburger chip pickles
- Ketchup and mustard
- Prepare grill with Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoal and light.
- Divide the hamburger meat into 4 equal portions. Lightly form the meat into balls. Use the lid of a small saucepan (one that is slightly concave works best) and smash each ball into a patty.
- Season each side of the patties with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Once grill is hot and coals have ashed over, spread the charcoal in the bottom of the grill and place the burgers on the grill grate. Cook the burgers undisturbed until browning at the edges and flip once. Add one slice of cheddar cheese and one slice of Monterey jack cheese to each burger. Top with the grill lid to melt the cheese.
- Cut the french bread into 5-inch lengths and then slice in half. Press the bread down with your hand to flatten slightly.
- Layer each french bread bun with 2 patties, lettuce, onions, tomato and pickles. Add ketchup and mustard. Slice in half and serve with potato chips and pepperoncinis on the side.