Tandoori Chicken Tikka Wrap recipe
by Season with Spice
1lb boneless chicken thighs or breast
3-4 naan or other flat bread
1/4 Cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp of Season with Spice’s Tandoori Seasoning
Salt to taste
Lemon or lime wedges
Raw veggies like tomato, red onion, cucumber, and lettuce
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup English cucumber – grated
A handful of mint leaves – sliced thinly
A pinch of ground coriander
A pinch of salt
A pinch of Season with Spice’s Sumac Berry Powder
A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Mix the yogurt, salt, and tandoori seasoning. Then cut chicken into bite-size cubes and combine well with marinade. Allow to marinate for at least a few hours.
2. Prepare Mint-Cucumber Raita by simply mixing all ingredients, and then refrigerating until wrap is ready.
3. In a fire pit or grill, burn wood to embers. Then spray oil on campfire grill, and place grill over embers.
4. Slide the tandoori chicken tikka onto metal skewers, and place on the hot grill (near, but not directly above embers). Turn every minute to prevent blackening, and occasionally baste with leftover marinade. When chicken fat bubbles out, grill for another couple of minutes until cooked, but not dried out.
5. Place naan on grill for a minute or so on each side to lightly char.
6. Top naan with chicken, cilantro, lemon/lime juice, and your choice of raw veggies. Finally spread on the mint-cucumber raita. Enjoy!
- Instead of a wood fire, you can cook the tandoori chicken tikka using a gas grill or the broil setting in your oven. To make up for a lack of that delicious smoky flavor, add a touch of Smoked Spanish Paprika.