Mesquite Chicken Wrap
Makes:1 wrap | Total Time:25 minutes
prep time:10 min. | cooking time: 15 min.
- 3-5 oz (76g-150g) Chicken Breast
- 1 Tbs. Oil
- 1.5 tsp. Mesquite Seasoning (McCormick Grill Mates)
- 1 Large Tortilla
- Shredded Cheese Blend
- Baby Arugula(salad Rocket)/Spinach or Lettuce
- 1/4 Mango, diced
- 1/4 Onion, diced (yellow or red)
- 1/4 Tomato, diced
- 1/4 Eng. Cucumber, diced
- 1/4 Avocado, diced
- Cilantro or Parsley, finely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced (powder could be used)
- Pinch of Red Hot Chili Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut Chicken in strips, oil all over and rub the Mesquite seasoning on the chicken breast. Place on the preheated grill (or you can pan fry it, just add bit of oil in the pan). Cook on both sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side depending how thick strips are.
- Once the chicken is done, set aside and start dicing salsa. Try to keep everything same size, and leftover salsa, could be placed in the container and in the fridge. Mix dressing and toss with salsa.
- If you are using grill, place tortilla on the grill, add cheese and chicken, let the cheese completely melt, few minutes. Microwave or Prehead oven could be also used!
- Add salsa on top, drizzle Sriracha to your likings (I like adding Tbs. of Olive Oil Mayo with Sriracha= so good). Wrap it up and enjoy!
- You can use whatever type of salsa you like! This is my standard that I enjoy with many meals, and dressing is my basic dressing and personal favorite!
- When cooking chicken, internal temperature should be between 165°F-170°F
- This also could be added in Pita Bread, or Italian Bread type of bread!
- ADD crispy BACON if you dare :P