Chicken Souvlaki Recipe
Chicken Souvlaki makes a delicious, quick recipe for lunch or supper. Chicken, seasoned to perfect, piled on top of grilled Naan bread with romaine and tomatoes and drizzled with tzatziki.
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
for the chicken
- 2-3 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 -6 pieces Naan bread
- 1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- tzatziki sauce
- Place chicken into a gallon size zip top bag. In a 2 cup measuring cup, add olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Quickly whisk together with a fork until well combined. Pour over chicken in the zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal. Gently toss to make sure all of the chicken is well-coated. Place zip top bag onto a small rimmed baking sheet pan or other container and in the refrigerator to marinate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Heat 12-inch cast iron skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Pour chicken, discarding the marinate contents, from the zip top bag to skillet and saute until well-cooked throughout. As chicken is cooking, heat another skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat and grill Naan bread until heated through. Remove from pan and top with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and parsley. Top with cooked chicken and serve with tzatziki sauce.