Sweet, sour, sticky and a bit spicy -- this chicken has everything you want. So delicious off the grill with the glaze brushed over top!
- 3-4 large chicken breasts (mine were massive, and I sliced them into 7 average portions. You can always use more smaller breasts)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes*
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- In a large ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts, coconut milk, ginger and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes. Seal bag and use your hands to combine ingredients. Marinade in the fridge at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Over medium heat, grill chicken for about 10 minutes per side (**Note: cooking time will vary greatly depending on thickness of your chicken. Use your own discretion here.)
- While chicken is cooking, combine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, pepper flakes and jam in a medium pan on the stove. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook about 20 minutes or until reduced and slightly thickened. Watch closely and whisk constantly as the glaze starts to get close to being done -- it can burn quickly because of the high sugar content. Glaze will thicken considerably after it starts to cool down.
- Spoon glaze over cooked chicken and serve with rice or noodles.
*The amount you use will depend on your tastes. If don't like too much spice.