Stuffed Crepe & Egg Breakfast Casserole
Author: Marina | Let the Baking Begin!
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 2 people
- 4 crepes (made following this crepe recipe)
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup diced ham / polish sausage / cooked shredded chicken / or other cooked shredded meat
- ½ cup cheese (or variety of cheeses)
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped chives or scallions
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp cream or milk
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped parsley *optional*
- Sauté mushrooms in a tablespoon of olive oil over high heat until slightly golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cream together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Lay the crepes down on a working surface, more browned side up, overlapping them slightly. Sprinkle the diced choice of meat, follow by mushrooms, ⅔ of the cheese, and scallions closer to the edge of the crepes.
- Roll the crepes around the filling into a long snakelike tube. Form a spiral with the rolled tube and place it into a buttered or nonstick sprayed baking dish (oval 9’’x5’’).
- Pour the egg mixture over the rolled crepes. Poke the crepes with a fork all over, then press to submerge in the egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate if not planning to bake and serve right away.
- Place on the middle rack in pre-heated to 350F oven for about 25 minutes or until the egg in the center is cooked and not runny.
- Sprinkle with chives or parsley and serve right away with a choice of: pickles, tomatoes or a dollop of sour cream.