Strawberry Rhubarb Scones
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 Tablespoons cold butter cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup rhubarb, cut into ½” slices
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare a sheet pan with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt. Pulse it together.
- Add the cold butter and pulse until the butter has been cut into the flour and you have a coarse crumb.
- In a small bowl beat together the cream and the egg. Add it to the mixture and pulse until you have a dough that comes together but is still crumbly and wet.
- Dump the dough out onto a generously floured counter top and gently fold the fruit into the dough with your hands.
- Using the extra flour, pat the dough into a disc. Using a floured knife, cut the disc into 6-8 scones (depending on preference of size).
- Brush the tops of the scones with the remaining 2 tablespoons of whipping cream.
- Bake the scones for 10 minutes until slightly golden around the edges. Let the scones cool for a few minutes and firm up before removing them from the pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with strawberry jam.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8