YIELD: 3 dozen cookies
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 8 minutes
These Cake Mix Grinch Cookies are so easy and festive they'll be sure to put you in the holiday mood!
1 box french vanilla cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
green food coloring, 1 drop
Confectioners (powdered) sugar for dusting
Sprinkles or candies, large heart-shaped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
- Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Drop by Tablespoon into confectioners sugar and roll into balls.
- Place on baking sheet and press 1 large heart candy/sprinkle.
- Bake for 8 minutes until just set.
- Let cool 2 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- My son's class had a Grinch party at school and we whipped up these cookies in no time. For a Grinchy treat that comes together even more quickly you can pop a bag of popcorn and drizzle it with green chocolate candy melts. Sprinkle it with with heart candy sprinkles and let cool completely before enjoying.
Original recipe and images © In Katrina's Kitchen