SPICY CRAB BITES
These Spicy Crab Bites are an inexpensive, quick and easy recipe that are perfect to serve at your next party or barbecue. These gluten free bites only take 20 minutes to prepare.
Author: Amy Stafford
- 12 ounce crab meat
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup horseradish sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon Italian herbs
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce, or to taste
- Preheat oven to broil with top oven rack in top third of oven.
- Spray a baking sheet with coconut oil or olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl pick through the crab meat. If using imitation crab, use your hands to shred to break up not finer pieces.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then whisk in the horseradish and sour cream.
- Add the breadcrumbs, Old Bay, fines herbs, garlic powder, mustard and Worcestershire sauce, stirring until well combined.
- Slowly stir the egg mix into the crab. Mixing gently but completely.
- Using your hands shape crab mixture into 1”-1½” balls packing together tightly.
- Place crab bites on baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they do not burn. You are not really cooking the meat but solidifying the mix and cooking the egg.
- When the tops are golden brown, remove from oven and continue cooking second batch of crab bites.
- When cool place on serving plate and drizzle Sriracha sauce over each bite before serving.
Store uneaten bites in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.