SLOW COOKER VEGGIE OMELETTE
Delicious and simple breakfast Vegetable Omelette cooked in the crock pot.
Author: Katerina Petrovska
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 6 eggs
- ½-cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped onions
- fresh parsley
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker/crock pot with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder; using egg beaters or a whisk, beat the mixture until mixed and well combined.
- Add broccoli florets, sliced peppers, onions and garlic to the slow cooker; stir in the egg-mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Start checking at 1 hour 30 minutes. Omelette is done when eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover; let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Turn off the slow cooker.
- Cut the omelette into 8 wedges.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and fresh parsley.