Egg omelette topped with an avocado spread, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and rolled into a wrap.
Serves: Serves 4
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 avocado
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 6 to 8 slices of thick bacon, cooked to a crisp, crumbled
- 1 tomato, sliced into thin rounds
- Crack eggs in a large mixing bowl; add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Whisk the egg mixture until it turns pale yellow.
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- Pour a 1/4 of the egg mixture into the hot pan.
- Let the eggs cook for a minute, or until set.
- With a rubber spatula, push one edge of the egg toward the center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow the rest of the liquid to flow in. Repeat until there's no liquid left.
- Gently remove the omelette and put it on a serving plate.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the egg mixture, using a ¼ of the mixture at a time.
- In the meantime, prepare the avocado spread.
- Scoop out the avocado into a small mixing bowl.
- Add salt and olive oil.
- Work the mixture with the back of a fork until smooth.
- Spread the avocado mixture on top of each omelette.
- Place a lettuce leaf over the avocado spread.
- Sprinkle bacon over salad.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Gently roll the omelette and cut in half.