Slow Cooker Ham with Maple Brown Sugar Glaze
- 7.5 pound unsliced, bone-in ham
- 1 cup of water
- For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Start by trimming excess fat and skin from the ham.
- Use a paring knife to slice a grid pattern into the ham.
- Add ham and 1 cup of water to slow cooker.
- Heat for 5-6 hours on low, until heated through.
- Remove ham from slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Prepare glaze.
- Bring pure maple syrup, dark brown sugar, mustard, pepper and cornstarch to a boil.
- Let boil 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Let glaze cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pat ham dry and spoon glaze over ham.
- Heat ham under broiler 5-7 minutes until glaze has caramelized.
If glaze cools too long and is overly thick, just reheat to make pourable.