Garlic & Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken
Author: Ciao Chow Bambina
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup apple-cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 small head of garlic (2-3 Tbsp.), minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 Tbsp.water
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken inside slow cooker.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and black pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Take chicken out of slow cooker and set aside.
- Pour remaining sauce into saucepan and place over high heat.
- Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan and mix well.
- Let sauce come to a boil and continue boiling for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute (it will continue to thicken as it cools).
- Serve chicken over rice or noodles.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
(*Recipe adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff.)