Skinny Chick-Fil A Sandwich
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
- 2 — 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sour dill pickle juice
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Wrap the chicken breasts loosely between plastic wrap and pound gently with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until chicken is about ½ inch thick all around.
- Cut each chicken breast into two equal pieces (equal size cutlets), as even as possible.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the pickle juice for 30-60 minutes.
- Add egg, egg white and milk into bowl and whisk.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast piece into the egg mixture on both sides, then coat in flour mixture on both sides.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet to about 345-350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in the pan, and lightly coat in coconut oil. Fry each chicken breast cutlet for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Blot on paper and serve on toasted buns with pickle slices.