Mini muffuletta sandwiches recipe
- 8 small buns
- 15 ounces olive salad
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 thin slices hard salami
- 8 thin slices provolone cheese
- Olive salad dip (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay out the bottom and top of the buns. Spread an equal amount of olive salad onto each half.
- Add ham, salami and provolone cheese to the bottom half of each bun. Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Add sandwiches to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until warmed and the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with olive salad dip.
Olive salad dip recipe
Yields 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup olive salad
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Add all ingredients together and stir. If the sauce is too thick add more olive oil.
Next up, we have a delicious muffuletta dip. This gives you all of the flavor of the muffuletta sandwich but in a fun dip form. I served it with a delicious Cajun cheese bread, but I think chips would make an equally amazing dipper.
Muffuletta dip recipe
Adapted from MyRecipes
Yields 4 cups
- 1 cup olive salad, drained
- 1 cup diced hard salami
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoncini
- 2 ounces sliced black olives
- 2 ounces sliced green olives
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cajun cheese toast (recipe follows)
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients.
- Cover and let sit refrigerated for a minimum of 4 hours. Serve cold with Cajun cheese toast.
Cajun cheese toast recipe
Yields 20 slices
- 20 thin slices crusty bread, cut into 2 x 2-inch squares
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 30 small slices Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out bread on the baking sheet and brush the tops of the bread with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each slice of bread with Cajun seasoning and top with cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.