Shredded Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
Serves: 2 sandwiches
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregeno
- pinch of onion powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 slices cheesy Texas Toast (store bought, frozen)
- Preheat the oven and bake toast according to package directions.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a small saucepan and cook garlic for 30 second; until fragrant. Add tomato sauce and seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook until heated through. Stir in half of cheeses until melted.
- Divide chicken mixture over two slice of cheese toast. Sprinkle remain cheese on top and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or basil (if desired) top with another slice of toast and serve hot.