- 1 1/4 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup dried mashed potato flakes
- 4 large chicken breasts cut into large bite size pieces
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups marinara
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup provel
- Pasta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine both breadcrumbs and potato flakes in a large plastic ziploc bag. Salt & pepper chicken pieces.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Dunk chicken pieces in egg mixture. Move chicken pieces to ziploc bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil and butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Brown chicken pieces on all sides and transfer to casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with marinara sauce. Add mozzarella, parmesan and provel.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Serve over pasta.
If provel is not available use provolone.