Savory Herb French Toast
Makes 6 pieces
by Spoon Fork Bacon
5 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 teaspoons thinly sliced chives
2 teaspoons minced thyme
1 teaspoon minced oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
6 slices French bread, sliced on a bias (into 1 inch thick pieces)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
fried eggs (cooked to your liking)
1. Place eggs, milk, mustard, herbs, garlic, spices, salt, and pepper into a shallow baking dish and whisk together.
2. Place a large skillet over medium heat, add 4 tablespoons butter and melt. Press 3 slices bread into the egg mixture to soak. Flip each slice and soak for about 1 minute.
3. Carefully transfer soaked bread slices to the hot skillet and sear for 3 to 4 minutes or until nicely browned. Flip each slice and continue to cook until browned and French toast has cooked through, an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Remove the French toast slices from the pan and repeat steps 2 and 3 with the remaining bread slices.
5. Top each serving of French toast with a fried egg, sprinkle of salt and pepper and fresh micro greens. Serve.