PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST STICKS
Pumpkin French Toast Sticks-this is a quick & easy recipe! Each bite is filled with cinnamon, sugar, & just the right amount of pumpkin!
Author: Natalie | Life Made Simple
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 loaf french bread or brioche, cut into 1" thick slices, then into thirds
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ c. milk
- ½ c. pumpkin puree
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Set a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat, add a small amount of butter and melt.
- In a small rectangular baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Dip the bread into the mixture, flip sides and then place on the hot skillet. Cook until each side is golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small rectangular baking dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Remove the fully cooked french toast sticks from the skillet and immediately roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve hot with maple syrup or buttered pecan syrup.