Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich Recipe with Sriracha Cilantro Mayonnaise
Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich Recipe has a homemade sausage patty and a perfectly cooked egg, and then is topped with an easy Sriracha Cilantro Mayonnaise.
Serves: 6 sandwiches
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 lb ground pork
- ½ tablespoon ground sage
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon marjoram
- pinch of cloves
- 1-2 teaspoons oil
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- 6 English muffins
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sriracha and minced cilantro. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the pork in a medium bowl. Add the sage, syrup, salt, pepper, thyme, marjoram and cloves. Mix to distribute the spices evenly, then form into 6 equal sized balls. Flatten each ball into a thin patty, slightly larger than the English muffins.
- Place a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the oil. Place the sausage patties on the griddle and cook until the bottom side has browned, 1-2 minutes. Flip the patties, turn down the heat, and cover. Cook until cooked through, 5-8 minutes. When there is 1 minute left, add a slice of cheese to the top of each patty.
- While the patties or cooking, cook your eggs to your preference. I like sunny side up, but over easy or fried would be great, too!
- Toast the English muffins. Place a sausage patty on the bottom half of each muffin, then top with some of the avocado. Add an egg, and extra cilantro, if desired. Spread some of the Sriracha Cilantro Mayonnaise on the top half of the English muffin, and place on top of the sandwich. Serve immediately.