Potato Salad with Dill + Horseradish Aioli
Source: Adapted from Vegetarian Everyday by David Frenkiel + Luise Vindahl
Yield: Serves 4
A pot, large enough to cook the potatoes
2 lb – 3 oz small new potatoes
15-20 red and yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2 cups fresh sugarsnap peas, sliced lengthwise
1 large handful of fresh dill, coarsely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup canola oil
1 tablespoon prepared horesradish
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with just enough cold salted water to cover. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes. Test with a small sharp knife. If the potatoes fall off the knife, they’re done.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- To make the horseradish dressing, whisk the egg yolks, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Slowly drizzle in the canola oil while whisking nonstop until the mixture begins to emulsify. Continue to whisk in the oil until mixture has achieved a thick, mayonnaise-like consistency. Whisk in the horseradish and, if necessary, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Combine the tomatoes, peas and dill in a large serving bowl.
- When the potatoes have cooled, transfer them to the serving bowl. Pour the dressing over them and toss with your hands to coat with the aioli. Serve.