Yam Potato Salad
Author: Good Dinner Mom
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 medium yams, washed and cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup celery hearts including leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Spanish green olives with pimentos, sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (nice and thick – The Greek Gods is a good one)
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill seed or weed(or use 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill weed)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place yam cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat then liberally sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a plate.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
- While yams are cooling, whisk together yogurt, mustard, dill, garlic, and pickle juice in a large bowl.
- Fold in celery, green onions, red pepper and green olives.
- Gently fold in chilled yams and return to refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes. Taste to determine if more salt and pepper needs to be added before serving.
- This great salad may be prepared the day before serving with excellent results.