PORTOBELLO RED PEPPER & PESTO PIZZA
Author: Pinch of Yum
- your favorite pizza dough (I used a loaf of frozen bread dough because I had some, but if you’re going homemade, try this)
- 2-3 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 5 jarred roasted red peppers, sliced
- ¾ cup parmesan mozzarella blend
- ¼ cup pesto (store bought or homemade)
- Follow the directions for whatever dough you are using. When it’s risen and ready, roll it into a circle and place it on the pizza pan. I let mine rest for another 20 minutes after rolling it.
- Decide if you want to leave the gills in or not. Here’s how to take them out. Chop them into long, thin slices.
- Spread the pizza dough with pesto. Top with portobello slices and roasted red pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425 for about 10-15 minutes, then check periodically until it’s done. Your time and temperature will depend on your dough, too.