This sandwich is so over the top good. I smoked a chicken, then sliced it up, then turned it into a grilled chicken sandwich layered with roasted red peppers, mozzarella and fire roasted yellow and red pepper pesto!
- 1 Baguette
- Chicken from one smoked chicken, sliced into pieces
- Roasted red peppers, jarred or homemade
- Mozzarella, lots of it, personally we like pizza mozzarella, melts beautifully
- Fire roasted yellow and red pepper pesto, to taste
- Heat your chicken pieces up on the grill. Use a cookie sheet if the pieces are small.
- Now use garlic butter and spread that stuff liberally all over the baguette. Pop the spread side of the baguette down and grill until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Now take that baguette off the grill.
- Pop a cookie sheet or pizza stone on the grill.
- Place the bottom of the baguette bottom side down on the cookie sheet. Start piling on the chicken and layer it with roasted red peppers, cheese and pesto. However you want to layer it is fine by me. Just go nuts and pile that sucker high.
- Put the top of the baguette on, well, the top obviously.
- Put the lid of the grill down and let that sucker heat up until the cheese melts. It will take a few minutes. Do not have your grill too hot or you will scorch the bread. If you're concerned it's too close to the grates use bricks to lift the cookie sheet up off the grill grates a little bit.
- Pull it off the grill and slap more pesto on it.
- You can make your own favourite pesto, or make my Fire Roasted Yellow and Red Pepper Pesto
- Serve with a big old sandwich loving smile!
Recipe Source: Kiss My Smoke
@ Kiss my Smoke All Rights Reserved
If you want to learn how to Fire Roast Bell Peppers there is a great tutorial on the blog. You can also use your own favourite pesto recipe on this or make my Fire Roasted Yellow and Red Pepper Pesto. Whatever works for you.
I would personally recommend making the Fire Roasted Yellow and Red Pepper Pesto though. I mean just look at it.