Pork Medallions with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
What You Will Need:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Smithfield Portobello Mushroom Seasoning Pork Tenderloin - sliced into 2" medallions
- 1 shallot - minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 5 ounces portobello mushrooms - sliced
What To Do:
- Into a large non-stick skillet melt butter and olive over medium heat.
- Add pork medallions and brown on both sides. Approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and transfer to a warm plate.
- Add shallots to pan. Stir to coat.
- Remove pan from heat. Add Marsala. Return pan to heat and continue to cook until liquid has reduce by half. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula or spoon while it's cooking.
- Add cornstarch to half and half and whisk into sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have softened.
- Return pork medallions to pan and turn to coat.
- NOTE: serve with garlic mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.