Pizza with Fig Preserves, Caramelized Onions and Chicken Sausages
What it took for 2 pizzas:
* 1 pound (premade!) pizza dough (I used Trader Joe’s), divided in half and rolled out to about two 8-inch circles
* 1 cup jarred fig preserves, or fig spread (or less if you find you don’t need that much)
* 1 cup caramelized onions (I used leftovers that I’d made the day before, but if you don’t have any, just sauté a couple of thinly sliced white onions on low with a Tbs. of brown sugar and a little oil until they’re candy-like, about 45 minutes)
* 2 – 3 chicken sausages (flavor up to you!), sliced thinly and sautéed in a little oil until browned on both sides
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
* thinly sliced chives for garnish
Preheat oven (and a pizza stone) to 400.
Top your dough with the fig spread, onions, chicken sausages and half the cheese. Slide onto the pizza stone and bake until the cheese is browned and bubbly, and the dough is cooked through, 10-17 minutes. (depending on your oven) Repeat with remaining pizza.
Garnish with chives!