Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Serves 2
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 slices crusty french bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- pinch garlic salt
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot cook bell peppers, mushrooms and onions until softened 3 - 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Use one tablespoon of butter to butter one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- To make one sandwich place 4 slices of pepperoni on a slice of bread. Place 2 slices of mozzarella on top. Spoon bell pepper and onion mixture over the top. Top with other slice of bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of butter in a skillet. Once melted, begin grilling sandwiches. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden, 3 - 5 minutes. Serve hot.