Pepper + Onion Pasta with Sausage
- 1/2 lb (225 g) long pasta noodles (such as spaghetti, bucatini, or linguine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 lb (350 g) fully cooked chicken or turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 medium-large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 medium bell peppers (red or green), quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) Rose Romano’s Italian Peppers Marinara (use red or green to match your fresh bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large lidded skillet over medium-high to high heat; add the sausage and cook until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage to a bowl and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add the onion and bell pepper, and cook until starting to soften but not turn mushy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until warm, about 1 minute, then toss in the pasta and cook 1 minute more.
- Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.