Paleo Kale Salad with Chicken, Roasted Veggies & Orange Sesame Vinaigrette
For the Orange Sesame Vinaigrette you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (you can juice your own, I got mine pre-made at Central Market)
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar (I got mine at TJ’s)
- 5 Tbs toasted sesame oil (I got mine at TJ’s)
- 3 Tbs Tamari
- 2 packets or more stevia or 2 Tbs raw honey
- 1 Tbs ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of diced chives (optional but adds great taste)
Place all ingredients in a mason jar with lid and shake vigorously. Adjust flavors to taste. Tamari will make it saltier, stevia will make it sweeter.
Let sit for an hour in the fridge or overnight. The ground flax will naturally thicken the dressing so it is not so watery.
For the chicken:
- 4 organic chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Orange sesame Vinaigrette from above
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
Place chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Pour dressing over breasts then sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, and sea salt. For best flavor, let sit in the fridge overnight to marinate. If you don’t have time, don’t worry.
Bake chicken at 425 for about 20mins or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool then cut into slices.
For the kale salad:
- 2 heads of kale, stems removed and torn into small pieces
Toss kale with dressing until fully coated. Then top with roasted veggies of choice.
I roasted the veggies in this dish using the same method as the brussels sprouts in this recipeand added fennel, rainbow colored carrots, broccoli, and brussels sprouts. Any veggies will do, even steamed frozen veggies will work in a pinch!
Next top your kale & roasted veggies with sliced chicken and another small drizzle of the orange sesame dressing.