Orange Soy Chicken
What You Will Need:
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, patted dry
- 1/2 cup tamari sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Green onions, cut on the diagonal to garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Season chicken with salt/pepper on both sides. Place chicken, skin side up, on broiler pan. Bake approximately 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, bring Tamari, sugar, vinegar and orange peel to a boil. Stir to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to simmer.Whisk in orange juice and cornstarch until well blended. Continue cooking until mixture thickens to glaze-like consistency. Remove from heat.
- After chicken has baked 25 minutes, set oven control to broil. Broil 5 minutes longer to crisp skin on chicken (leave oven door partially open to monitor broiling closely. If chicken begins to crisp sooner than 5 minutes, remove from oven.)
- Drizzle sauce over chicken. Garnish with sesame seed and green onions.