Honey Soy Chicken Breasts
Honey Soy Chicken Breasts - one of the most popular chicken dishes ever on Rock Recipes, these breasts bake up to shiny, deliciously honey soy glazed perfection.
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup light soy sauce
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger root
- 4 large chicken breasts (not boneless skinless)
- Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour into a large Ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F.
- Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.
The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time will vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.