Honey Chili Beer Chicken
- 3 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup sliced sweet white onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown ale, divided in half
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- ½ tsp red chili sauce (such as Sriracha) plus additional if desired
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thigh filets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tbs flour
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat add the olive oil. Add the onions and caramelize over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic then add ½ cup brown ale, balsamic vinegar, honey and chili sauce. Simmer until reduced and thickened, remove sauce from pan and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs on all sides with salt, pepper and flour.
- Increase heat to medium-high, cook the chicken thighs until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan along with the remaining ½ cup brown ale.
- Cover loosely with a lid, lower heat to maintain a simmer and allow to cook until chicken is cooked through, about an additional 10 minutes. Turning once during cooking.